L e s b i t

Forum: Life in the Philippines as a lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

C e l e b r a t i n g   L o v e   B e t w e e n   W o m e n

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  WelcomeWelcome  Contact Us  

Share | 

Is love enough to make a relationship work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shai
Papansin

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Happy

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Mon 02 Jul 2012, 8:51 am

a lot of love and a lot of sex...
Back to top Go down
enna
Agaw Eksena

Current Location : QC
Sexual Identity : femme
Preference : charlie

My Status
Current Status: in a relationship

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Tue 03 Jul 2012, 5:34 pm

.......no

Malakas Loob

Current Location : quezon city

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Mon 09 Jul 2012, 5:07 pm

yes, plus communication and sex, a lot of sex..:)
Back to top Go down
keyki
Mahiyain

Current Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Sun 15 Jul 2012, 6:14 am

NO...

Sometimes the person you love the most is the one you can NEVER have. LOVE comes with its set of weaknesses that can ruin the relationship rather than strenghten it. JEALOUSY, MISUNDERSTANDING, FEAR of losing the other, AMPLIFIED HURT..all these you'd feel when you really love someone. Couples who last for years learn to replace romantic love with intimate companionshi
p.
Back to top Go down
Sunflowers for Sunshine
Kinakarir

Sexual Identity : Lesbian
Preference : Friends :)

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Lost

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:07 pm

I think love in itself is not enough to make a relationship work.

You need to continuously make an effort everyday, working on your flaws and trying to compromise the pieces that don't fit with your partner. It's important too, that you have at least one common goal in your relationship, a direction and something to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
panaghaw
Mahiyain

Current Location : Singapore
Preference : Makakausap

My Status
Current Status: May minamahal
I am feeling..: Thinking of someone...

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Sat 04 Aug 2012, 3:45 pm

No.

Singko
Mahiyain

Current Location : Pasig
Sexual Identity : butch
Preference : femme

My Status
Current Status: single
I am feeling..: Thinking of someone...

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Tue 18 Sep 2012, 5:17 pm

Definetely not. LOve isn't the summary of a relationship. You have to be realistic because when you love someone it entails partnership and commitment. Hindi pwedeng mahal mo lang pero hindi ka committed. There is no such thing. They say when you love someone you have to accept the person fully and that's not easy. A relationship only works when you try to figure out ways to accept each others flaws and actually respect it and live with it. If you decide that you can't live with a certain situation involving your partner then how do you expect to make it work?

fallendevil07
Mahiyain

Current Location : Angeles City

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Wed 10 Oct 2012, 5:42 am

Personally, I think it would work. However, basing on experience, it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
nue.migz
Mahiyain

Current Location : Lucena

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Wed 10 Oct 2012, 8:43 pm

YES. LOVE is a give and take relationship. You should understand both your differences to each other...

Ika nga... kahit ano pang gawin mo "all of the relationship is complicated" dapat kayo magtutulongan upang mapagaan ang inyong relasyon.
Back to top Go down
Toink
Lesbit Fan

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..:

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Fri 12 Oct 2012, 4:07 pm

KUNG ANO BA ANG MAKAKABUTI SA'YO!

Current Location : sa earth

My Status
Current Status: sa kawalan
I am feeling..: Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Tue 19 Feb 2013, 6:54 pm

I've loved her. Perhaps Until now. But the relationship really wasn't working. Despite all efforts to save it.

sharkstooth
Adik

Current Location : Mars
Sexual Identity : Femme
Preference : Femme

My Status
Current Status: poor. no money!
I am feeling..: Helpless

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Wed 20 Feb 2013, 11:50 am

Love is enough because if you really love each other, your relationship really would last.

Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their life. Sometimes, good people made bad choices, it  doesn't mean they are bad. It just means they are human:)
Back to top Go down
shytype_clown
Mahiyain

Current Location : concepcion, tarlac
Sexual Identity : soft butch
Preference : bi/femme

PostSubject: love love love... maka-relate ka kaya?   Sat 23 Feb 2013, 10:18 am

bouncing
"love conquers all" thats what many people says....
love...it is an emotion of a strong affection and personal attachment. love is also said to be a virtue representing all of human kindness, compassion, and affection —"the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another" that's the definition of LOVE..., for me this feeling will change you, physically, emotionally, mentally, sexually.. basta everything about you.. it can be a reason of losing all your closest friends, this love will make you laugh, cry, mad, crazy, angry.. it will make you tire, it'll make you sick, it'll make you sleepless, it'll make you depressed, it will give you ulcer.. love will make you suicidal, it'll kill you believe me... WHY??? example, most couples excited being together, what if each of them doesn't match their schedules.. so, tendency they'll wait for each other's free time for them to have the chance of spending each other's presence, whenever you feel hungry tapos alam mo na andun pa xa sa work, madmi pa xang ginagawa basta yun mga oras na alam mong busy talaga xa, then because of loving that person ang gagawin mo you'll tell yourself na "ay napag-usapan pala namin na sabay kami kakain, baka magtampo yun kapag nauna akong kumain", tell me, mali ba ako na merong ganung mga pangyayari, i guess ikaw din na-experience mo din na.. sa relationship (sa mag-girlfriend/ o kahit sinong may karelasyon) gusto sabay kumain, sabay matutulog, or kahit sabay na din maligo, and because of loving this person or lets say you're inlove with each other ganun nga ang gagawin nyo, oo nga cute, masarap sa pakiramdam lalo na pag bago pa lang ang relationship, xempre wala pang gaanong away, kase di pa kilala ang isa't isa, pero pag dating ng 3rd month onwards jan na lumalabas yun mga ugaling di ine-expect, haaay... you'll never get to know a person, not unless makasama mo na sa isang house... sa mga magka-live in(i'm not saying lahat ng mag-kalive in ganito) 1st 2nd month exciting, parang newly wed, kulang nalang sambahin nyo ang isa't isa, pagtumagal tagal na anjan na yun nagtatalo kayo, nag-mumurahan kayo, nagkakasakitan kayo.. madalas ang away, mga pwedeng pag-awayan cellphone, asaran na mauuwi sa pikunan, late sa pag-uwi, selos, barkada, pagkain, even remote control pag-aawayan na din. parang tanga when you get inlove, away bati, away bati, at pag ang magkarelasyon nasanay sa ganung routine masasabi mo nalang na ang hirap ng ganung relasyon, mag-cocomment naman yun mga taong concern sayo, instead of listening to those person who cares on your part you'll get mad pa sa kanila.. minsan may nagpapatayan pa nga dahil jan sa love na yan, hehe, ang haba na ng nasasabi ko pero di ko sinasabi to para ma-discourage kayo, i'm letting you know na sa love i've encountered lot of things, ala lang share ko lang yung alam ko tungkol sa love...

basta whatever happens, just follow your heart...
if everything fails and love doesn't strong enough for the relationship, don't push yourselves para mag work pa ang relationship, without love it means nagkakalokohan nalang kayo dahil siguro nasanay na lang kayo sa isa't isa na magkasama, pero yun love wala na pala, mas mahirap yun ganun.

basta from the start kung may reason ng away just talk,
sa couple if one of you having difficulties to understand...talk

love is complicated.. every relationship is different. do what's best for you, not what people tell you to do. you're the one that has to live with or without it..

I'm simply on reserve for the one who deserves my heart..

They say good things take time
Back to top Go down
famousa
Sikat

Current Location : Metro Manila
Sexual Identity : Bisexual
Preference : A keeper

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Sat 02 Mar 2013, 6:46 pm

Cliche, but love is not enough to keep a relationship going. It's a decision to make and be committed to make it work. Ito yung mga factors na wala sa recent ex ko.
Back to top Go down
Advocate
Sikat

Current Location : Beauxbatons

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: High!

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Thu 11 Apr 2013, 4:04 am

Based on my experience, I can say LOVE is not enough..
Dapat kumpleto talaga yung ingredients para magwork out...
Lalo na kapag walang TRUST.. It would just make things difficult for you and your partner..

So don't abuse the fact na mahal na mahal ka ng partner mo. That is not an assurance. Remember, tao lang tayo.. Napapagod din..

Back to top Go down
lantis
Sikat

Current Location : nasa factory ng skittles
Sexual Identity : tuod na bored sa buhay
Preference : isang amoeba na prinsesa

My Status
Current Status: lone wolf
I am feeling..: Smug

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:07 pm

Nope.

Love has never been enough. At least for those 2 girls who walked away. As cliche as it sounds, I've asked them that line before, "is love not enough?" which they didn't answer.

"There is nothing more precious than a love foretold, and nothing as equally damning."
- Dean Alfar's The Middle Prince
Back to top Go down
matcha2121
Adik

Current Location : Shibusen

My Status
Current Status: nagpapahinga
I am feeling..: Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Tue 20 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

No. Love isn't enough. Why?

You need to ask yourself first: How do I tell that I'm really in love? What is love for me?

By thinking about the answers to those questions, you can somehow gauge the status of your maturity.

Love is not just about having someone to hold on to. Aside from love, there should be trust and respect. Oh, and loving someone entails doing a lot of sacrifices. If it means seeing your most precious person smile, then why not go all out, right?

Haha.

Sikat

Current Location : nowhere
Preference : sb/femme

My Status
Current Status: smiling incessantly
I am feeling..: Ecstatic!

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Tue 20 Aug 2013, 5:12 pm

no, love won't be enough for a relationship to work. trust, respect, commitment, constant communication and full understanding and acceptance of each other are all keys for a successful relationship.

Papansin

Current Location : Pluto

My Status
Current Status: ...
I am feeling..: Lonely

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Wed 21 Aug 2013, 6:32 am

Nope. Getting into a relationship and making it work is a decision.

Toink
Lesbit Fan

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..:

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Fri 23 Aug 2013, 2:40 pm

Preference : charlie

My Status
Current Status: in a relationship

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:36 pm

LOVE + RESPECT + TRUST = Relationship

hug

Adik

Current Location : Mars

My Status
Current Status: poor. no money!
I am feeling..: Helpless

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Mon 23 Sep 2013, 12:35 am

Nope.

Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their life. Sometimes, good people made bad choices, it  doesn't mean they are bad. It just means they are human:)
Back to top Go down
anabitcrazy
Mahiyain

Current Location : wonderland
Preference : not into cross dressing

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..:

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Fri 11 Oct 2013, 1:51 pm

i think it's not.

i believe there should be trust and honesty na kasama sa isang relationship
Back to top Go down
Lj
Sikat

Current Location : South
Sexual Identity : Genderbender

My Status
Current Status: Done being nice.
I am feeling..: Furious

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Sat 11 Jan 2014, 2:13 am

If love is a house, the foundations should be built on love, respect, trust and commitment. Take one from the equation and that house crumbles down.

Mahiyain

Current Location : Bangkok, Thailand
Preference : We're married.. :)

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Hungry

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 5:41 am

No? If you're gay and society won't accept you. When you feel like giving up because her family's too religious freak . :D however, if it's true love you won't think about what everybody thinks about your relationship and you will always find a way to lie to her family that you are just plain roommates for 3 years and tire your brain cells on thinking what to say about how the two of you met. :D sumasakit ang batok ko...help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   

Back to top Go down

Is love enough to make a relationship work?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next