L e s b i t

Forum: Life in the Philippines as a lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

C e l e b r a t i n g   L o v e   B e t w e e n   W o m e n

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  WelcomeWelcome  Contact Us  

Share | 

Is love enough to make a relationship work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kardyn_21
Mahiyain

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Hungry

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 5:41 am

No? If you're gay and society won't accept you. When you feel like giving up because her family's too religious freak . :D however, if it's true love you won't think about what everybody thinks about your relationship and you will always find a way to lie to her family that you are just plain roommates for 3 years and tire your brain cells on thinking what to say about how the two of you met. :D sumasakit ang batok ko...help!
Back to top Go down
Lj
Sikat

Current Location : South
Sexual Identity : Genderbender
Preference : Femme

My Status
Current Status: Done being nice.
I am feeling..: Furious

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 6:17 am

Kardyn_21 wrote:
No? If you're gay and society won't accept you. When you feel like giving up because her family's too religious freak . :D however, if it's true love you won't think about what everybody thinks about your relationship and you will always find a way to lie to her family that you are just plain roommates for 3 years and tire your brain cells on thinking what to say about how the two of you met. :D sumasakit ang batok ko...help!

I feel you. It's hard to keep playing hide and seek. My gf is young and still pretty much shy to introduce me to her parents and it sucks sometimes kasi feeling ko she couldn't stand up for me. But then, mahal mo, magtitiis ka. So I think for a relationship to flourish, there has to be the usual requisites: love, trust, commitment and honesty. Then there should acceptance. Acceptance from people you both care about.

Mahiyain

Current Location : Bangkok, Thailand
Sexual Identity : Femme
Preference : We're married.. :)

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Hungry

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Thu 13 Mar 2014, 2:37 am

Lj wrote:
Kardyn_21 wrote:

I feel you. It's hard to keep playing hide and seek. My gf is young and still pretty much shy to introduce me to her parents and it sucks sometimes kasi feeling ko she couldn't stand up for me. But then, mahal mo, magtitiis ka. So I think for a relationship to flourish, there has to be the usual requisites: love, trust, commitment and honesty. Then there should acceptance. Acceptance from people you both care about.

:D I'm 6 years younger kay gf but never felt that fear na mag come out sa family when I was 17. Just told my mom na gusto ko girls, she was like maybe you're just insecure and I firmly said, nope, seriously i want them and she let me read a bible together with my 1st and after that didn't say another word and just go along with my gayness, just like that. Kc iba2x kc ung interpretation natin sa bible eh, un cguro ung gusto na ipaalam ng dakila kong ina. I was so hard on gf too, pressuring her to come out when there's totally difference with our family, I tried to talk to her sister to test her open-mindedness, lol , pero feel ko parang mahirap nga iba nga tlga ung religion nila, parang takot na takot ung sis nya na d makapagsimba may attendance pa cla at transfer na nalalaman, sa religion nila, ang weird! Mga kulto ba etong mga eto? There's nothing wrong naman about being religious pero ung ganun? D ko magets. Wifey sobbed when she told me that she didn't choose her religion, she was forced to accept it. Naawa din ako, kc oa ang expectations sa kanya dahil panganay sya. I agree with you, it needs commitment, trust and honesty pero un dapat mas maging understanding pa lalo, if ganito ung situation. Nobela teh ang peg..ahahahah
Back to top Go down
Lj
Sikat

Current Location : South
Sexual Identity : Genderbender
Preference : Femme

My Status
Current Status: Done being nice.
I am feeling..: Furious

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   Fri 04 Apr 2014, 4:39 am

If they tell you that you'll go to hell just because you are gay, perhaps you're not in the right religion. Lol. Seriously, it's a highly sensitive issue. Faith and sexuality are like Hulk Hogan and The Undertaker, you know it's always going to be a royal rumble.

OT:

I missed you, LB.

PostSubject: Re: Is love enough to make a relationship work?   

Back to top Go down

Is love enough to make a relationship work?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3