L e s b i t

Forum: Life in the Philippines as a lesbian, bisexual or transgender.

C e l e b r a t i n g   L o v e   B e t w e e n   W o m e n

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  WelcomeWelcome  Contact Us  

Share | 

Food Hub

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Icedef
Agaw Eksena

Current Location : California
Sexual Identity : Bisexual

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Hungry

PostSubject: Food Hub   Mon 11 Mar 2013, 4:53 pm

Metro Manila is a gold mine for inexpensive food spots, ranging from local to international to exotic cuisine. We want to know every hidden gem that is worth the travel and money. It doesn't matter if you were alone on that day or not, we want food and we'd like to know where to get them, you could provide a little review if you like, few pictures would be great if you have some (preferrably 600x400 resolution, para hindi matagal mag load sa forum.)

First up for me is Kichitora of Tokyo (2F SM Megamall Atrium), it has the best Tsukemen and Gyoza that we have tasted so far, I know it's a bit pricey, but if you have the dough to spare and like Japanese Ramen, this is the place to go. We have compared this to Mitsuyado Sei-men in Jupiter St., Makati, but we still choose Kitchitora over it, although you can check out both and tell us what you think, and taste, and feel, and alright I'll stop there.

Next, me and my wife loves beef so much we actually spend quite a lot on our beef escapades, until we met BrickFire (Katipunan, 2F Xavier Residence Building, E. Abada corner R. Alvero Streets, Loyola Heights, Quezon City), they have this huge piece of T-Bone Steak for only 145 Pesos, it is really a steal if you compare it to Tender Bob's (Greenhills, Shangri-la) where this kind of cut is about 400 Pesos and above. The Chili is also nice for 80 Pesos, some say it's more of a Filipino take on the classic Chili, but I say, traditional or not this is one Chili that you don't want to miss.

That's it for my episode 1. Stay tuned for more. :)

Disclaimer: Pictures are not mine, unless stated so.

Last edited by Icedef on Thu 02 May 2013, 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Poison
Forum  A d m i n
Forum  A d m i n

Current Location : 1801 Zipcode

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Tue 12 Mar 2013, 12:51 am

Thanks for sharing Icedef!

I enjoyed Kebab Factory very much. It was sad they had to close the Megamall branch.

I want to try Mister Kabab at UP-Ayala just to check if they still tasted awesome. The one in West Ave slightly changed in the taste department. It's okay but not like what I remember it to be.

Adik

Current Location : Mars
Sexual Identity : Femme
Preference : Femme

My Status
Current Status: poor. no money!
I am feeling..: Helpless

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Tue 12 Mar 2013, 5:51 am

You are right. Mas masarap sila dati. Ung tipong nakatayo ka pa nun. Kumakain ako dun everytime na madaling araw ako umuuwi. Sobrang daming tao. LOL

Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their life. Sometimes, good people made bad choices, it doesn't mean they are bad. It just means they are human:)
Back to top Go down
Poison
Forum  A d m i n
Forum  A d m i n

Current Location : 1801 Zipcode

My Status
Current Status:
I am feeling..: Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:37 pm

I heard they changed chefs.

Today my wife and I discovered Yellow con yelo in Robinson's Metro East, 3rd Level. big bowl for Mais Con Yelo, P27! There were other 'con yelo' offering.

Adik

My Status

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Tue 12 Mar 2013, 2:54 pm

Nice...mpnthn nga. :))

hmmm....gusto ko ng pizza....pero yoko na ung conventional pizza store...ung bago nmn...like ung pizza valencia sa baguio...may new pizza store ba dito ngaun? :)

Everyone makes mistakes in life, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for them for the rest of their life. Sometimes, good people made bad choices, it doesn't mean they are bad. It just means they are human:)
Back to top Go down
famousa
Sikat

Current Location : Metro Manila
Preference : A keeper

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Tue 12 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm

What about hole-in-the-wall finds?

Mang Raul's BBQ in BF Almanza, I've tasted their isaw and the spicy mix sauce is the best.
Back to top Go down
carlile
Papansin

Current Location : philippines

My Status
Current Status: :)
I am feeling..: Buzzed

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Wed 13 Mar 2013, 4:06 am

Crab congee in hk the best the name of the resto is chi kei then theres the bbq in up diliman mang larry's then the tapsilog at rodicks still in UP... I dont know if they still serve this but when i used to go to dencio's i always order their tengaling... Magiisip pa ako ng mga nakain kong masarap hahahaha food adik lang
Back to top Go down
Icedef
Agaw Eksena

My Status
Current Status:

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Wed 13 Mar 2013, 5:57 am

Hole-in-the-wall Restaurants? Hmmm.. As of the moment, there's one in my mind for this category, Chihuahua Mexican Grill (Makati Ave.) they serve Tex-Mex style cuisine, complete with authentic guacamole and have huge American-sized servings. They come at a price though, you have been warned.

For the Pizza person asking, there's an eccentric place in Makati, OffBeat Cafe (The Collective), they offer their famous Krispy Kreme Burger and Pizzas, I went there once on their opening party and their Pizza is so worth the time and effort! You should try them, not sure if their quality has changed since the last time I was there, I guess that's for you to find out and share here. :)

Back to top Go down
sharkstooth
Adik

My Status

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Wed 13 Mar 2013, 5:07 pm

NICE!!! burger donuts :)

Back to top Go down
moem
Lesbit Dependent

Current Location : sa earth

My Status
Current Status: sa kawalan
I am feeling..: Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Wed 13 Mar 2013, 8:08 pm

DINAKDAKAN

Potsdam St. Cubao QC

Icedef
Agaw Eksena

My Status
Current Status:

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Thu 19 Sep 2013, 4:07 am

I recently found out that Family Mart is way better than 7-11!!! Their selections are more upscale and deym! They look utterly delish!!

Back to top Go down
moem
Lesbit Dependent

Current Location : sa earth

My Status
Current Status: sa kawalan
I am feeling..: Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub   Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

for smorgasbords, my fave is

HEAT, Edsa Shangri-La..

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food Hub